Guide to healthy nails
Taking care of your nails is an act of love towards yourself. In this article, we'll guide you through the essential steps for healthy, naturally beautiful nails.
Hydration and nutrition for beautiful nails
In the same way that it is necessary
, you have to moisturize your nails! Nails are made up of 95% keratin, a protein that requires adequate hydration. Regular application of natural oils like castor oil, sweet almond oil or coconut oil can help keep your nails and cuticles moisturized. Remember, hydration starts from within. Make sure you drink enough water every day to maintain the health of your nails and skin!
The importance of keratin for healthy nails
Keratin is a fibrous protein found in hair, skin, and of course, nails. It plays a fundamental role in the structure and strength of these tissues. In the context of nails, keratin gives them their hardness and resistance. Nails are actually superimposed plates of keratin. They are made of keratinized cells that stack on top of each other to create this solid structure. When keratin is healthy and well-nourished, your nails are strong, flexible and less prone to breakage.
Taking care of your nails through diet
Diet plays a crucial role in nail care. Protein-rich foods like eggs, fish, and legumes promote nail growth. Additionally, biotin, also called vitamin B7, is essential. You'll find it in foods like nuts, seeds and avocados. Incorporate these elements into your diet for stronger and more resilient nails. The basics of balanced nutrition: In addition to biotin, nails need other nutrients to stay in tip-top shape. Be sure to include foods rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, zinc, iron and calcium, in your diet. These nutrients promote nail growth and strengthen their structure. Vitamin E for strong nails: Vitamin E is particularly beneficial for nails. It promotes blood circulation to the cuticles, which can stimulate nail growth. You can find it in foods like nuts, seeds, spinach and avocados. The importance of omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish like salmon and sardines, help keep the keratin in your nails supple. They also help prevent drought.
Natural supplements as a tip for maintaining healthy nails
However, to further strengthen your nails from the inside, you can also consider adding
natural to your routine. :) OUR
Terre-Mer from Bio-Actif is an excellent option. It is specially formulated to strengthen nails and hair. These capsules are a true plant symbiosis, a bomb of trace elements drawn from nature's sources. In addition to contributing to the health of your nails, they are also known to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and prevent bone loss.
Limit aggressive products
In your quest for beautiful, natural nails, it is essential to consider the products you use. Many nail polishes and removers available on the market contain
such as formaldehyde, toluene and phthalates. These substances, although common in many beauty products, can weaken the health of your nails and damage them. Formaldehyde, for example, is a preservative that is potentially irritating to skin and nails. Toluene, a solvent used in nail polish, can help make your nails soft and discolor them. Phthalates, for their part, are potentially endocrine disrupting plasticizers. We understand the value of having a beautiful manicure! However, to preserve the health of your nails, it is wise to opt for natural alternatives. Non-acetone nail polishes and removers are gentler choices that minimize potential damage. These products respect the natural structure of your nails while providing beautiful color and shine.
Cuticle care: spare them!
Cuticles protect your nails against infections and external aggressions. Take a gentle and caring approach to caring for them. Here are some recommended practices:
- Start by soaking your hands in warm water for a few minutes. This will help soften the cuticles, making them easier to work with.
- After soaking, use a boxwood stick or plastic cuticle pusher to gently push back the cuticles. Do not press too hard, as this may cause injury or irritation. The goal is to create space between the cuticles and nails, thereby promoting healthy nail growth.
- To nourish cuticles and keep them healthy, regularly apply natural oils such as sweet almond oil, argan oil or jojoba oil. Gently massage these oils onto your cuticles to deeply nourish and hydrate them.
- Contrary to what you may observe on social networks, it is strongly recommended not to cut the cuticles, as this can lead to the risk of inflammation and infection . Always favor gentle pushing back and hydration to keep your cuticles in good condition.
- Keep your nails and cuticles clean by cleaning them . Regular hand washing will remove dirt and impurities that may build up around your nails.
How to strengthen brittle nails naturally?
If you have brittle nails, follow our tips for taking care of them.
- Strengthen them naturally by applying a coat of hardening varnish based on natural ingredients.
- Avoid chemical treatments which can make the problem worse.
- File your nails gently.
- Also be sure to maintain a nutrient-rich diet, as mentioned earlier, to promote the growth of stronger nails.
- Moisturize and nourish your little hands with natural products !
Bio-Actif helps you take care of your nails
At Bio-Actif, we understand the importance of taking care of your nails naturally. Our products are specially designed to offer you a healthy and natural alternative to conventional beauty products. They are formulated with carefully selected natural ingredients to take care of you! You can find them in our
. Also discover our
as well as our health products directly online, our commitments, and let yourself be seduced by the benefits that nature has to offer.